One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stiff mixture of brandy, butter, and sugar, served with hot desserts.
- ‘But it will still taste good if you make it closer to Christmas - serve with rum or brandy butter for an authentic festive taste.’
- ‘‘I shall have hot Christmas pudding with lashings of brandy butter,’ she said merrily.’
- ‘The Christmas pudding gift pack includes a perfectly matched dessert wine and brandy butter.’
- ‘You can melt it over Christmas pudding instead of brandy butter.’
- ‘I love it on the big day itself, scorched by several unsuccessful dousings of brandy, with brandy butter and custard or sweet white sauce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.