One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stiff mixture of brandy, butter, and sugar, served with hot desserts.
- ‘The Christmas pudding gift pack includes a perfectly matched dessert wine and brandy butter.’
- ‘But it will still taste good if you make it closer to Christmas - serve with rum or brandy butter for an authentic festive taste.’
- ‘I love it on the big day itself, scorched by several unsuccessful dousings of brandy, with brandy butter and custard or sweet white sauce.’
- ‘‘I shall have hot Christmas pudding with lashings of brandy butter,’ she said merrily.’
- ‘You can melt it over Christmas pudding instead of brandy butter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.