One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The commercial value that derives from consumer perception of the brand name of a particular product or service, rather than from the product or service itself.
- ‘In his mind brand equity always creates a price premium.’
- ‘For the long term, he examines brand equity.’
- ‘The good news is there was enormous brand equity there.’
- ‘A buzzword now, brand equity will no doubt become a significant management tool in the near future.’
- ‘On one hand, dairies want to boost their own brand equity.’
- ‘The cheese category arguably has one of the biggest chunks of brand equity to be found in the overall dairy category.’
- ‘This could actually undermine brand equity by nurturing a negative brand attitude.’
- ‘In summary, the underlying business in Europe is performing well and our brand equity remains strong.’
- ‘The higher your brand equity, the more your company is worth.’
- ‘The most visible phenomenon of brand equity lies in the massively high resale values of companies that hold very popular brands.’
- ‘The long-term threat of incentives to brand equity is real, analysts say.’
- ‘The phenomenon of high brand equity results in a smoother ride for the company.’
- ‘The goal of brand leadership is to build brand equities rather than simply manage brand images.’
- ‘In addition to giving something back to the community, the program positively raises our brand equity.’
- ‘The first approach to brand equity is to develop a figure for spend on the brand.’
- ‘Brand equity, however, couldn't do it alone.’
- ‘Calculate the contribution of brand equity to the bottom line.’
- ‘We will continue to invest behind the strength of our brands and brand equity in Europe.’
- ‘Tactical campaigns - doing sales promotions to generate short-term sales - shouldn't be used to replace great brand equity.’
- ‘Yet, at the end of the day, very little is understood about the sources of brand equity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.