Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person, especially a celebrity, who is paid to endorse or promote a particular company's products or services.‘the actor has landed a new role as a brand ambassador for Bulgari’
- ‘The choice of brand ambassadors was once limited to celebrities only.’
- ‘Sitting with her will be the former Miss World, who is better known now as brand ambassador for the Country Clubs chain.’
- ‘The Bollywood star is now the brand ambassador of Titan Raga.’
- ‘Students from these countries are being wooed with a view to creating brand ambassadors for the future.’
- ‘Orkney's Highland Park distillery has appointed its first global brand ambassador.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.