One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small aquatic crustacean of the class "Branchiopoda" , such as a water flea or fairy shrimp.
- ‘One such androdioecious branchiopod is the clam shrimp Eulimnadia texana.’
- ‘They have elongate bodies compared to most other living branchiopods, with leaf-like appendages that they use to swim belly up.’
- ‘The two-part, hinged carapace encloses the entire body, similar to the branchiopod Conchostraca.’
- ‘Freshwater bivalves, snails, and branchiopod Crustacea were common.’
- ‘At the same time, both genera have well-developed, multiannulate first antennae, whereas modern branchiopods have dwarfed first antennae without much of annulation or segmentation at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.