One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small aquatic crustacean of the class Branchiopoda, such as a water flea or fairy shrimp.
- ‘They have elongate bodies compared to most other living branchiopods, with leaf-like appendages that they use to swim belly up.’
- ‘Freshwater bivalves, snails, and branchiopod Crustacea were common.’
- ‘One such androdioecious branchiopod is the clam shrimp Eulimnadia texana.’
- ‘At the same time, both genera have well-developed, multiannulate first antennae, whereas modern branchiopods have dwarfed first antennae without much of annulation or segmentation at all.’
- ‘The two-part, hinged carapace encloses the entire body, similar to the branchiopod Conchostraca.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.