One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of improperly increasing the membership of a local branch of a political party in order to ensure the preselection of a particular candidate.‘the party is using a private investigator to probe allegations of branch stacking’
- ‘And of course then you've got all that sinister branch stacking going on.’
- ‘The fact is that he lost to one of the worst examples of branch stacking that I have ever seen.’
- ‘The sitting Labor MP has announced his retirement amidst recriminations over local Labor Party branch stacking.’
- ‘These staffers should also be good for a few great branch stacking stories of their own.’
- ‘There were accusations of breathtaking hypocrisy over the issue of branch stacking.’
- ‘The party uses mass migration as an extrapolation of their ethnic branch stacking activities.’
- ‘Nobody could. an absolute end to the factions, to branch stacking, to the entrenched corruption within the ALP system.’
- ‘The news that all 65 members have been suspended for alleged branch stacking is causing much merriment throughout rival parties.’
- ‘The Labor leader says there's no room in the party for branch stacking.’
- ‘Having more people involved would make branch stacking a less certain route to political office.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.