One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lucky dip in which the hidden items are buried in bran.
- ‘Who knows how she chooses her TV scripts - by herself, through an agent or by pulling contracts out of a bran tub - but the projects have been bafflingly poor.’
- ‘She added that the fair would feature a range of other attractions as well as Father Christmas, including tombola, lucky lollies, bran tub, a raffle with a bike as a prize and crafts.’
- ‘Other, smaller operations mix digital, print, TV and broadcast in a bran tub that gives time for everything but finding original stories.’
- ‘There's to be a Bonny Baby Competition, Fancy Dress, Puppet Show, face painting, balloons, bran tub, games, tombola, cakes and bric-a-brac.’
- ‘In the bran tub of languages that is the ‘foreign’ chunk of my brain, you frequently end up with a little linguistic surprise.’
- ‘The Big Ranch shoves a hand into the musical bran tub and comes up with something reminiscent of The Band.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.