One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Look, if the boy is cute-as-a-button but brainlessly boring, stick it out through coffee.’
- ‘This, plus an ending so brainlessly upbeat it looks as if it was borrowed from a different movie, makes The Bone Collector the least impressive release of the week.’
- ‘Statistics are recycled brainlessly because numbers add a sense of false authority.’
- ‘Too many people quit after looking at two or three pages - brainlessly dismissive though this may be, it's rather less likely to happen with the printed version.’
- ‘These ‘demoralised’ pupils brainlessly deposit their rubbish on the streets daily, while the ‘demoralised’ staff, who must be aware of the situation, do little or nothing to stop it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.