Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘For all its braininess, it's actually fun to listen to.’
- ‘All this camouflages, to some degree, his eclectic braininess: Before pursuing geography, he earned degrees in religious studies (with a minor in musical composition) and art.’
- ‘Without substantial characters or the faintest hint of realism underpinning the proceedings, the film comes off a bit like wish fulfillment for people whose braininess and ambition made them uncool as teenagers.’
- ‘The media will fall in love with old-style braininess.’
- ‘That I was inspired to write on a subject I had sworn off for the year is a tribute to Jay's insight and all-around braininess.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.