One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His was not the sort of knowledge that arrogant men display when they set themselves up as authorities over a certain field of learning, arbitrarily judging and evaluating other men from the outside, as if they were altogether superior to the substance of what they brainily discourse upon.’
- ‘But even the funniest of these brainily ludicrous jokes sputter halfheartedly.’
- ‘He also brainily (a word) suggested that I put them in coffee mugs to transport them safely from inside to outside in lieu of actual pots.’
- ‘It will not prepare moviegoers in any way for the depths of lunacy this brainily stupid movie plumbs.’
- ‘She reaches deep with delicate and knowing fingers to tug the filament of a brainily targeted emotion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.