One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A soft yellow gelatinous fungus with a lobed and folded surface, living on dead wood in both Eurasia and North America.
- ‘What about the yellow brain fungus, Tremella mesenterica, also known as witch's butter?’
- ‘Tremella mesenterica, the Yellow Brain Fungus, is mainly seen in winter, when it grows on fallen branches of deciduous trees.’
- ‘Yellow Brain Fungus (Tremella mesenterica) starts off as small jelly-like nodules and then expands into a multi-folded brain-shaped mass.’
2another term for cauliflower fungus
- ‘The brain fungus or cauliflower fungus is an edible species. which typically grows at the base of conifer trees.’
- ‘Jelly babies, sweet milk cap and fairy parasol will delight new fungi finders, while dog stinkhorn, ear pick fungus and yellow brain fungus are perhaps loved by only the most fanatical of fungi fanciers.’
- ‘Cauliflower mushroom, also sometimes called brain fungus, is a type of edible mushroom with a distinctive physical appearance, found in northern forests in many parts of the world in the fall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.