One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the brain.‘she seems overcome with the vapours or brain fever’count noun ‘concussion was succeeded by a brain fever of sorts’
- ‘At 16, Kikuko Miyagi witnessed terrible injuries, but learned to care for limbless men, those who could not speak and those suffering from the last stages of tetanus and brain fever.’
- ‘I practically raised him as my own son after his father, bless his soul, came down with brain fever.’
- ‘The same story was repeated during another epidemic of brain fever in Assam.’
- ‘There was no word from Isabella, and Catherine changed as a result of her illness: a brain fever.’
- ‘In his 1996 research work on cattle diseases, Meeran's father referred to the Toxo being used in diagnosis of brain fever and other communicable diseases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.