One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A temporary mental lapse or failure to reason correctly.‘I'm having a brain fart and can't spell his name correctly’
lack of concentration, distraction, inattentiveness, preoccupation, absent-mindedness, daydreaming, dreaminess, reverie, wool-gathering, abstraction, staring into space, obliviousnessView synonyms
- ‘Has the Internet had a brain fart or something?’
- ‘Usually Mad Brad is quicker off the mark, but he had a brain fart.’
- ‘Looks like the brain fart is over for the time being.’
- ‘Instead of being a mere brain fart, this became a fascinating cognitive dysfunction.’
- ‘Corey's brain fart is going to cost him quite some time.’
- ‘Since this is a brain fart, I hope you'll forgive me for being circuitous.’
- ‘I'm not sure what to write here - I'm having a brain fart.’
- ‘Mixing up the newspapers was probably "a brain fart," she explained.’
- ‘I am having major brain farts over this.’
- ‘It didn't help when Gomery had his brain fart before Christmas or when Martin said there was "political direction" a year ago.’
- ‘Despite trying, it was impossible to game because the gaming servers were having major brain farts (yes, that is a technical term).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.