Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A temporary mental lapse or failure to reason correctly.‘I'm having a brain fart and can't spell his name correctly’
lack of concentration, distraction, inattentiveness, preoccupation, absent-mindedness, daydreaming, dreaminess, reverie, wool-gathering, abstraction, staring into space, obliviousnessView synonyms
- ‘Usually Mad Brad is quicker off the mark, but he had a brain fart.’
- ‘Instead of being a mere brain fart, this became a fascinating cognitive dysfunction.’
- ‘Since this is a brain fart, I hope you'll forgive me for being circuitous.’
- ‘I am having major brain farts over this.’
- ‘I'm not sure what to write here - I'm having a brain fart.’
- ‘Has the Internet had a brain fart or something?’
- ‘Corey's brain fart is going to cost him quite some time.’
- ‘Despite trying, it was impossible to game because the gaming servers were having major brain farts (yes, that is a technical term).’
- ‘Looks like the brain fart is over for the time being.’
- ‘Mixing up the newspapers was probably "a brain fart," she explained.’
- ‘It didn't help when Gomery had his brain fart before Christmas or when Martin said there was "political direction" a year ago.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.