One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The complex sacrificial religion that emerged in post-Vedic India (c.900 BC) under the influence of the dominant priesthood (Brahmans), an early stage in the development of Hinduism.
- ‘He told us of the two strands of Brahmanism and Buddhism, tightly woven together for centuries in Cambodian thought; about the violent, deliberate rupture of that world-view by the Khmer Rouge.’
- ‘It seems more probable that it originated in a non - Brahminical environment, and was promoted in historic India by the Jains and adopted by Brahmanism Hinduism.’
- ‘Most, but not all, focus on the relationship between Brahmanism, religious blindness and women's oppression, but a couple deal simply with oppression within the home.’
- ‘In Thailand, our Hindu tradition is called Brahmanism, after the Brahmanas, the second book of the Vedas which describe ritual worship.’
- ‘The Asian elephant featured strongly in Buddhism and Brahminism and the elephants were tamed and domesticated to be able to be used efficiently.’
- ‘Religious groups such as Buddhism, Brahmanism, Hinduism, Jainism, The Seventh Day Adventists and The Trappist Monks of the Roman Catholic Church all promote a vegetarian diet.’
- ‘The Bible of Brahminism, the Manu Smriti, records these and more such details at considerable length in addition to bone-chilling punishments that are to be meted out to those who dare to violate these dharmic laws.’
- ‘The theology that emerges from the Brahmanas is called Brahmanism.’
- ‘J.N. Mohanty points out that these treatises can be seen as attempts on the part of orthodox Brahminism to preserve itself against the anti-Vedic philosophies.’
- ‘Sacrificial Brahminism was especially condemned and the ritual of worship was simplified.’
- ‘By then Buddhism was on the decline, killed as is said, by a fraternal embrace of Brahminism.’
- ‘However, assistance from the mercantile class, who had little interest in Brahmanism, was still available, and thus the Buddhist monks could, over the years, transform their humble centers into truly magnificent works of art.’
- ‘Hindu Mahasabha and RSS combine, for whom Hinduism is pure and simple Brahminism in a newer garb of modern language, opposed his interpretation.’
- ‘It is for protecting Brahminism that we have been created by Brahma.’
- ‘Of Buddhism, he wrote: ‘the more profound our study, the more difficult it becomes to distinguish Buddhism from Brahmanism, or to say in what respects, if any, Buddhism is really unorthodox.’’
- ‘These texts are replete with negative portrayals of Muslims and an uncritical glorification of Brahminism.’
- ‘The section on Brahmanism I found particularly interesting, being a religion which is a fore-runner of both Hinduism and Buddhism.’
- ‘He felt that this combination and concordance would derive its strength from the mainstream of Sanskrit Brahmanism and also contribute to its strength.’
- ‘Dube argues that Hindutva is the modern, contemporary form of Brahminism.’
- ‘The culture of the Guptas and their innate Brahmanism gave a fillip to the arts, and in the field of architecture fundamental progress was made.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.