One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or belonging to the highest Hindu caste, originally that of the priesthood.‘Buddhist stupas and Brahminical temples’
- ‘But the literature, Pali and Sanskrit, Buddhist and Brahmanical, shows that non-monarchical forms of government were omnipresent.’
- ‘But the Hinayana, and Brahmanical doctrines from Hinduism were taught here too.’
- ‘Could one claim to be a Brahman without mastery of Brahmanical learning?’
- ‘The protesters believed that the ancient text is the defining document of Brahmanical Hinduism, and also the key source of gender and caste oppression in India.’
- ‘If Brahmanical Hindutva had divided the nation into Hindus and non-Hindus to rule the nation, Muslims too should adopt a divide and rule policy if they have any ambition or compulsion to come near the levers of power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.