One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is a Sanskrit word roughly translatable as music, but in early theoretical treatises meant to embrace a range of practices that included Brahmanic ceremony, song, instrumental music, dance, and certain types of theatre.’
- ‘In this descent to the world, Viu comes to support a fusion of bhakti, specifically, devotion to Viu, and dharma, or the orthodox Brahmanic social order that bhakti sometimes appears to challenge.’
- ‘These Brahmanic ethics, which were perhaps never the norm, seem so remote from our lives in the United States.’
- ‘The Buddha began his spiritual career during a time of social change, with urban and artisan classes gradually displacing the agrarian order in which the Brahmanic system was entrenched.’
- ‘With the strengthening of Brahmanic Hinduism and orthodox traditions, the Hindu woman's role within the family and community was redefined in the late 19th century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.