One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for brahmaputra
- ‘The only Asiatic breed of significance today, the Brahma, which originated in India, has three varieties.’
- ‘Brahmas arrived in the UK around 1840-1850.’
- ‘Brahmas are gentle giants with feathered legs and feet.’
1The creator god in Hinduism, who forms a triad with Vishnu and Shiva. Brahma was an important god of late Vedic religion, but has been little worshipped since the 5th century AD.
2another term for Brahman (sense 2)
- ‘"It is not enough," concludes Schuon, "to know that Brahma is Reality, the world is appearance.’
- ‘Though the Brahma and Shiva principles are still in existence, we will explore this in just a moment.’
From Sanskrit brahman.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.