One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During our visit we came across evidence of the brackishness of many of the coastal water supplies, and noticed the lack of locally produced fruit and vegetables.’
- ‘With each seasonal death of the marsh, some of the carp, crabs, and crayfish succeed in escaping to the brackishness of Sonoma Creek, from which they migrated.’
- ‘These lovely little drum continued to be rather common this summer, possibly due to the increased brackishness in the Tappan Zee.’
- ‘When used at the table it imparts a slight saltiness without the brackishness or lip cringing effect of other salts.’
- ‘Until the drought of the 1960s and 1970s which accentuated brackishness in the river, it was most suitable for rice cultivation all year round.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.