One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of cancer, especially prostate cancer, by the insertion of radioactive implants directly into the tissue.
- ‘Most of these patients also had adjuvant therapy such as external beam radiation, brachytherapy, or chemotherapy.’
- ‘Vascular brachytherapy is now being used to inhibit the formation of scar tissue after a patient undergoes a balloon angioplasty of the heart for vascular stenosis.’
- ‘LDR brachytherapy, therefore, requires hospitalization, and the typical treatment is one session.’
- ‘For the intubated patient with large obstructing lesions, brachytherapy appears to be a less feasible option than PDT.’
- ‘Previous treatment options have included stents, laser treatment, cryotherapy, radiation therapy, and brachytherapy.’
- ‘Intracoronary brachytherapy involves treating coronary stenoses with a radioactive source from within the artery lumen.’
- ‘With the assistance of bronchoscopy, brachytherapy can be applied.’
- ‘Interstitial radiation or brachytherapy involves the placement of radioactive pellets into the prostate gland.’
- ‘Since the late 1980s, doctors have been increasingly using internal radiation, also called radioactive seed implants or brachytherapy, to cure prostate cancer.’
- ‘First, intraoperative brachytherapy using radioactive I - 125 pellets permanently implanted in the resection margins may be of benefit.’
- ‘It is also referred to as brachytherapy, implants or interstitial radiation.’
- ‘The preferred method of treatment has become radiation therapy, given as external-beam or brachytherapy.’
- ‘The radioactive sources used for brachytherapy come in the form of small seeds or wires.’
- ‘Endobronchial brachytherapy has been successfully employed as an adjunct in managing recurrent episodes of stenosis due to hyperplastic granulation tissue.’
- ‘Options include radical prostatectomy, conformal radiotherapy or brachytherapy, hormone treatment, and active monitoring.’
- ‘And where we're starting to see this happen more in the clinic is for things like prostate brachytherapy.’
- ‘Cryotherapy for renal carcinoma and brachytherapy for prostate carcinoma will be discussed, as well as patient care, expected outcomes, and current research.’
- ‘Regardless of the technique of choice, eg, photodynamic therapy, brachytherapy, Nd-YAG laser, or electrocautery, complete tumor eradication is the ultimate goal.’
- ‘The second method is brachytherapy, in which radiation treatment is given by placing radioactive materials directly on the tumour, inside the body.’
- ‘Tumors of the prostate are often confined to the prostate itself and brachytherapy techniques used for the placement of radioactive seed implants can be adapted for the placement of interstitial optical fibers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.