One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a relatively broad, short skull (typically with the breadth at least 80 per cent of the length).Often contrasted with dolichocephalic
- ‘However, we have fossil records that tell us the brachycephalic (short-skulled, short-nosed, flat-faced) dog breeds, which include the Shih Tzu, Pug, and Pekingese originated in Central Asia.’
- ‘The French bulldog is brachycephalic; its muzzle has been severely shortened, giving the impression of a flattened face.’
- ‘Thylacoleo are highly specialized brachycephalic predators with greatly hypotrophied molar rows and hypertrophied sectorial third premolars.’
- ‘You also use much scientific language in your poetry: anthracite, barium, beryl, bituminous, brachycephalic.’
- ‘In sthenurines the basioccipital plane is above the palatal plane, more markedly so in the brachycephalic species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.