Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A marine invertebrate of the phylum Brachiopoda, which comprises the lamp shells.
- ‘Most such particles are echinoderm stem ossicles, brachiopods, bryozoans or other corals.’
- ‘Crinoids, together with brachiopods, dominated the Paleozoic sessile benthos.’
- ‘Corals, conodonts, bivalves, brachiopods and cephalopods have comparable intracratonic distribution patterns.’
- ‘There he found invertebrates such as trilobites, bryozoa, and brachiopods - fossil remains that serve as a window on deep time.’
- ‘The section is very fossiliferous, with an abundant brachiopod, bryozoan, coral, and phacopsid trilobite assemblage.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.