Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A marine invertebrate of the phylum "Brachiopoda" , which comprises the lamp shells.
- ‘Crinoids, together with brachiopods, dominated the Paleozoic sessile benthos.’
- ‘Most such particles are echinoderm stem ossicles, brachiopods, bryozoans or other corals.’
- ‘Corals, conodonts, bivalves, brachiopods and cephalopods have comparable intracratonic distribution patterns.’
- ‘There he found invertebrates such as trilobites, bryozoa, and brachiopods - fossil remains that serve as a window on deep time.’
- ‘The section is very fossiliferous, with an abundant brachiopod, bryozoan, coral, and phacopsid trilobite assemblage.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.