One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bachelor of Philosophy.‘a BPhil in Politics’
- ‘The fourth failing candidate, who had previously failed the BPhil, failed in all parts of the examination.’
- ‘The question was raised by the Chairman of the BPhil whether he should be given twelve weeks to do this.’
- ‘There are over 100 graduate students, of whom roughly 40 are completing the two-year BPhil course and 60 are engaged in doctoral research.’
- ‘However, the more prestigious BD, BCL, BM BCh, BMus and philosophy BPhil degrees have seen no need to change.’
- ‘Those who pass the BPhil are thereby approved to proceed to write a DPhil in Philosophy.’
- ‘The BPhil is the degree title and not related to the academic discipline of philosophy.’
- ‘The BPhil IAS degree is awarded jointly by the student's home school and the University Honors College and is the first undergraduate degree in international studies at Pitt.’
- ‘On successful completion of the programme students will be awarded a BPhil or PG Diploma in Special Education: Visual Impairment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.