Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Barrels (of oil) per day:‘the crude oil output of the four OPEC members rose to 16.3 million BPD in August’‘the pipeline is capable of carrying 125,000 BPD’
- ‘The UAE will continue its current production of 2.6 million BPD but can increase it to 3 million if the market needed that.’
- ‘The pipeline has a capacity of 280,000 BPD.’
- ‘Oil production has multiplied 40 times since 2007, with production rising to 760,000 BPD.’
- ‘Canada produced a total of 3.2 million BPD in 2012.’
- ‘Output had been racing ahead by some 30,000 BPD per month, data show.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.