Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A young woman considered sexually attractive to men.
- ‘Some feminists allege that the treatment of sex in these magazines objectifies females, preparing their young readers for wasted lives as passive boy toys.’
- ‘Think of it as if VH1 did a Behind the Blog episode - it would be just like Behind the Music without the groupies, bimbos, boy toys, massive drug use, fisticuffs, arrests, and downward arc to the narrative.’
- ‘Why shouldn't you go out with other guys sometimes, now that your little boy toy's gone for a whole year?’
- ‘So off to the after party I went, and drink I did - shoulder-to-shoulder with Alan and his boy toy.’
- ‘Devin went off to London with his boy toy.’
- ‘We have laughs and I meet his friends and latest boy toys.’
- ‘‘My emphasis, my priority, is my family, absolutely, 100 percent,’ the former boy toy told Larry King.’
1980s: inversion of toy boy.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.