One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A male member of the Scout Association or a similar organization.
- ‘You can go on and earn another emblem as a Boy Scout.’
- ‘A few days later I discovered that my little hero was a Boy Scout.’
- ‘John was also a member of Troop 68 when I was a Boy Scout.’
- ‘Every Boy Scout has the opportunity to participate in both shared and total leadership situations.’
- ‘The ACLU sued Chicago Public Schools and the department in 1999 for sponsoring Boy Scout activities.’
- ‘Several former Boy Scouts have responded to point out that this is not actually a merit badge; the MPAA materials simply refer to it as a ‘patch.’’
- ‘He had attempted to build a nuclear reactor in his mother's shed following a Boy Scout merit-badge project.’
- ‘North Country's owner has served on several Boy Scout Council and Regional Training Staffs in leadership positions.’
- ‘His chance to be a good Scout came in 1924, when he created his first Boy Scout Calendar.’
- ‘Since then, they have used some variation of the title Boy Scout Handbook.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.