One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A male member of the Scout Association or a similar organization.
- ‘A few days later I discovered that my little hero was a Boy Scout.’
- ‘His chance to be a good Scout came in 1924, when he created his first Boy Scout Calendar.’
- ‘John was also a member of Troop 68 when I was a Boy Scout.’
- ‘You can go on and earn another emblem as a Boy Scout.’
- ‘North Country's owner has served on several Boy Scout Council and Regional Training Staffs in leadership positions.’
- ‘He had attempted to build a nuclear reactor in his mother's shed following a Boy Scout merit-badge project.’
- ‘Several former Boy Scouts have responded to point out that this is not actually a merit badge; the MPAA materials simply refer to it as a ‘patch.’’
- ‘Since then, they have used some variation of the title Boy Scout Handbook.’
- ‘Every Boy Scout has the opportunity to participate in both shared and total leadership situations.’
- ‘The ACLU sued Chicago Public Schools and the department in 1999 for sponsoring Boy Scout activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.