One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A male member of the Scout Association or a similar organization.
- ‘He had attempted to build a nuclear reactor in his mother's shed following a Boy Scout merit-badge project.’
- ‘North Country's owner has served on several Boy Scout Council and Regional Training Staffs in leadership positions.’
- ‘Since then, they have used some variation of the title Boy Scout Handbook.’
- ‘His chance to be a good Scout came in 1924, when he created his first Boy Scout Calendar.’
- ‘Every Boy Scout has the opportunity to participate in both shared and total leadership situations.’
- ‘Several former Boy Scouts have responded to point out that this is not actually a merit badge; the MPAA materials simply refer to it as a ‘patch.’’
- ‘A few days later I discovered that my little hero was a Boy Scout.’
- ‘You can go on and earn another emblem as a Boy Scout.’
- ‘John was also a member of Troop 68 when I was a Boy Scout.’
- ‘The ACLU sued Chicago Public Schools and the department in 1999 for sponsoring Boy Scout activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.