One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a series of fixed weight ranges at which boxers are matched.
- ‘Nance shows that he has hidden snack food in his belongings (that he gives to Jake to help him make Cole's boxing weight class).’
- ‘Especially with athletes like boxers, I assume there must be some guys with really big legs compared to other (depending on boxing weight class?’
- ‘All 11 Olympic-style boxing weight classes were set by the random draw that took place using small balls with each country's name to determine who each athlete would face throughout the competition.’
- ‘Considered to be one of the best trainers in the sport, Mackie has worked with professional boxers, helping them find their ideal boxing weight.’
- ‘Boxing weight-class names are not always consistent, as shown in the following table.’
- ‘The KO Quick Bucks League uses all 17 of the actual boxing weight classes and gym owners will choose just one fighter from each division.’
- ‘I believe that competing at my true boxing weight will make him me an even bigger force and offer fans very exciting fights.’
- ‘The trials will feature the top eight athletes in each of the 11 Olympic-style boxing weight classes as they compete for a spot on the 2004 Olympic team.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.