One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a series of fixed weight ranges at which boxers are matched.
- ‘Nance shows that he has hidden snack food in his belongings (that he gives to Jake to help him make Cole's boxing weight class).’
- ‘All 11 Olympic-style boxing weight classes were set by the random draw that took place using small balls with each country's name to determine who each athlete would face throughout the competition.’
- ‘Boxing weight-class names are not always consistent, as shown in the following table.’
- ‘The KO Quick Bucks League uses all 17 of the actual boxing weight classes and gym owners will choose just one fighter from each division.’
- ‘The trials will feature the top eight athletes in each of the 11 Olympic-style boxing weight classes as they compete for a spot on the 2004 Olympic team.’
- ‘Especially with athletes like boxers, I assume there must be some guys with really big legs compared to other (depending on boxing weight class?’
- ‘Considered to be one of the best trainers in the sport, Mackie has worked with professional boxers, helping them find their ideal boxing weight.’
- ‘I believe that competing at my true boxing weight will make him me an even bigger force and offer fans very exciting fights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.