One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She divided the boxful of letters into three similar-sized bundles, and gave the first two to Rebecca and Ailsa.’
- ‘I took a boxful home for Jenny, who is particularly fond of them.’
- ‘A Wilton woman would happily have accepted ‘a tenner’ for a cardboard boxful of junk that for decades had been gathering dust in her loft.’
- ‘Baseball equipment by the boxful is arriving, thanks to a enterprising group of volunteers here in the United States.’
- ‘A night or two later, Mac came back to the Wade Bar with a boxful of metal scraps and debris to show to his buddies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.