Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of exercise based on boxing training and using boxing equipment.
physical activity, movement, exertion, effort, workView synonyms
- ‘It's like being the spastic beginner in a step aerobics / boxercise / tai bo class.’
- ‘A football league has grown up around the astroturf pitch next to the office and aerobics, boxercise and bodypump sessions are among the classes available at no extra charge.’
- ‘The group is also recommending that schools introduce new exercise classes such as boxercise, aerobics and yoga to lure teenagers off the couch.’
- ‘The schools offer more than 20 activities including water aerobics, line-dancing, boxercise and girls-only weight-training.’
- ‘We have done weightlifting, running - which the players really enjoy - aerobics and now boxercise.’
1980s: blend of boxer and exercise.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.