One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of exercise based on boxing training and using boxing equipment.
physical activity, movement, exertion, effort, workView synonyms
- ‘It's like being the spastic beginner in a step aerobics / boxercise / tai bo class.’
- ‘The schools offer more than 20 activities including water aerobics, line-dancing, boxercise and girls-only weight-training.’
- ‘The group is also recommending that schools introduce new exercise classes such as boxercise, aerobics and yoga to lure teenagers off the couch.’
- ‘A football league has grown up around the astroturf pitch next to the office and aerobics, boxercise and bodypump sessions are among the classes available at no extra charge.’
- ‘We have done weightlifting, running - which the players really enjoy - aerobics and now boxercise.’
1980s: blend of boxer and exercise.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.