Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Men's loose underpants similar in shape to the shorts worn by boxers.
- ‘And I went up to him and put my hands around him, my thumbs hooked into the waistband of his designer boxer shorts.’
- ‘He stepped out the shower drying himself with the fresh cotton towel and dressed in a roomy pair of boxer shorts and a grey vest that he wore at the gym.’
- ‘All I was wearing were boxer shorts and a baggy short sleeved shirt, which was missing part a sleeve.’
- ‘I slipped on a tee shirt, and boxer shorts, and found my way down the stairs, into the kitchen.’
- ‘All it was was a pair of boxer shorts and a short sleeve shirt that was two sizes too big.’
- ‘Spike walked across the hall in boxer shorts and Randy walked out with boxer shorts and a sports bra.’
- ‘I mean really, just how serious can you be when you are selling boxer shorts?’
- ‘Also, do the pajamas have that little flap in the front commonly found on boxer shorts?’
- ‘I was wearing nothing but boxer shorts, a tank top, and a jacket that looked ridiculously out of place.’
- ‘It will be more comfortable to wear loose clothing such as boxer shorts or a dressing gown with no underpants or trousers until the wound has healed.’
- ‘‘Unlikely,’ Jag said as he tugged on a pair of jeans over his purple boxer shorts.’
- ‘Fox tore his clothes from his body with shaking hands and, clad only in boxer shorts, staggered the short distance to the truck.’
- ‘She came into my apartment one August afternoon wearing nothing but a midriff tank top and loose boxer shorts.’
- ‘However, I couldn't help but wonder what happened to the bras and boxer shorts, socks and hats.’
- ‘Packages shaped like tank tops and boxer shorts leave little chance that the shopper will pick up the wrong item.’
- ‘It was then that I noticed one hand held a similar tub of ice cream and a spoon, and that all he was wearing was a pair of blue boxer shorts and a loose white t-shirt.’
- ‘Loose boxer shorts are also considered passé, although they have improved over the years.’
- ‘The sofa was strewn with boxer shorts, lace underwear, and assorted other clothing.’
- ‘A pair of loose-fitting cotton boxer shorts is a smart choice for any occasion.’
- ‘You get the loose mesh boxer shorts and thong underwear for one price.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.