One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Men's loose underpants similar in shape to the shorts worn by boxers.
- ‘I slipped on a tee shirt, and boxer shorts, and found my way down the stairs, into the kitchen.’
- ‘A pair of loose-fitting cotton boxer shorts is a smart choice for any occasion.’
- ‘‘Unlikely,’ Jag said as he tugged on a pair of jeans over his purple boxer shorts.’
- ‘I mean really, just how serious can you be when you are selling boxer shorts?’
- ‘Loose boxer shorts are also considered passé, although they have improved over the years.’
- ‘Packages shaped like tank tops and boxer shorts leave little chance that the shopper will pick up the wrong item.’
- ‘It will be more comfortable to wear loose clothing such as boxer shorts or a dressing gown with no underpants or trousers until the wound has healed.’
- ‘The sofa was strewn with boxer shorts, lace underwear, and assorted other clothing.’
- ‘She came into my apartment one August afternoon wearing nothing but a midriff tank top and loose boxer shorts.’
- ‘Spike walked across the hall in boxer shorts and Randy walked out with boxer shorts and a sports bra.’
- ‘Fox tore his clothes from his body with shaking hands and, clad only in boxer shorts, staggered the short distance to the truck.’
- ‘You get the loose mesh boxer shorts and thong underwear for one price.’
- ‘I was wearing nothing but boxer shorts, a tank top, and a jacket that looked ridiculously out of place.’
- ‘It was then that I noticed one hand held a similar tub of ice cream and a spoon, and that all he was wearing was a pair of blue boxer shorts and a loose white t-shirt.’
- ‘All I was wearing were boxer shorts and a baggy short sleeved shirt, which was missing part a sleeve.’
- ‘All it was was a pair of boxer shorts and a short sleeve shirt that was two sizes too big.’
- ‘He stepped out the shower drying himself with the fresh cotton towel and dressed in a roomy pair of boxer shorts and a grey vest that he wore at the gym.’
- ‘And I went up to him and put my hands around him, my thumbs hooked into the waistband of his designer boxer shorts.’
- ‘Also, do the pajamas have that little flap in the front commonly found on boxer shorts?’
- ‘However, I couldn't help but wonder what happened to the bras and boxer shorts, socks and hats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.