Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of stiff cardboard used to make boxes.
- ‘It also operates a wholly-owned subsidiary that produces folding boxboard for use in cigarette packaging.’
- ‘Use our expansive on-line directory to source boxboard paperboard and other products and services from thousands of suppliers.’
- ‘One example of an on-demand product delivery system would be a software product downloaded from the Internet, and free of the boxboard packages CDs and manuals usually rattle around in.’
- ‘Excellent printability and exceptional whiteness properties are the key user-factors that make our boxboard coatings such a unique value to our customers.’
- ‘Bisbee's millpond, formerly called Iron Works Pond, is now called Bryant Pond after Sylvanus Bryant, who ran a saw and boxboard mill on this site from 1870 until it was abandoned in 1900.’
- ‘Cascades Boxboard Group Inc. is a world-class leader in the manufacture of premium coated boxboard and folding cartons.’
- ‘This page contains more than 100 links to paper converters, corrugated board manufacturers and boxboard manufacturers.’
- ‘Please put boxboard in your trash, take it to Ecology Action's downtown drop off center for recycling, or compost it in your back yard.’
- ‘Oji Paper is the top manufacturer in Japan of boxboard and packaging papers.’
- ‘Beloit Box Board manufactures fully recyclable boxboard, paperboard and chipboard.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.