One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A van with rigid sides.
- ‘A number of vehicles including a Volvo articulated lorry, a DAF box van, a Rover Metro and a BMW all stopped behind the accident.’
- ‘Witnesses said Wilds lost control of his box van after suddenly pulling into the fast lane to overtake at 70 mph.’
- ‘I know that around these parts, every electrician/carpenter/painter, etc. drives a white box van.’
- ‘Three people were injured - two seriously - when a car and a box van collided on the A169 Pickering to Whitby Road.’
- ‘We would appeal for the driver of a white box van or goods vehicle with a green stripe down the side to contact us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.