One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A van with rigid sides.
- ‘A number of vehicles including a Volvo articulated lorry, a DAF box van, a Rover Metro and a BMW all stopped behind the accident.’
- ‘We would appeal for the driver of a white box van or goods vehicle with a green stripe down the side to contact us.’
- ‘I know that around these parts, every electrician/carpenter/painter, etc. drives a white box van.’
- ‘Three people were injured - two seriously - when a car and a box van collided on the A169 Pickering to Whitby Road.’
- ‘Witnesses said Wilds lost control of his box van after suddenly pulling into the fast lane to overtake at 70 mph.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.