Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of a set of vertical springs housed in a frame in a mattress or upholstered chair base.
- ‘This morning, it seemed like Christmas, cause out by the dumpster of the apartment complex there was a queen size mattress and box spring in excellent condition.’
- ‘Carrying that box spring down the stairs again?’
- ‘Authorities were later seen removing a box spring from the couple's apartment.’
- ‘Not inexpensive, a queen-size mattress and box spring costs around $3,000.’
- ‘I feel very good about buying from them since they are a local company who build the mattress and box springs themselves.’
- ‘If your mattress is too soft, a board between the mattress and box spring will make it firmer.’
- ‘Purchase hypoallergenic covers for the mattress, box spring, and pillows.’
- ‘Catherine walked down the basement stairs and jumped onto her bed, which really was a mattress and a box spring.’
- ‘It was a mattress and box spring on a cheap metal frame, a relic of Doug's Harvard days.’
- ‘They even offers options not available to box spring or foam mattress owners.’
- ‘Mattresses and box springs were stacked against the concierge desk and leaning against a jewelry display case as a battalion of maintenance workers carted the beds away.’
- ‘She had just found a New Testament hidden between her daughter's mattress and box spring.’
- ‘If you or a family member is allergic to dust mites, encase the mattresses, box springs, and pillows in covers that breathe, but are designed to prevent inhaling the mites.’
- ‘Encase your mattress, box springs and pillows in allergy-proof covers.’
- ‘Extra blankets can be stored between the mattress and box spring or stuffed into pillow covers and used decoratively.’
- ‘Cover mattresses, pillows, and box springs with mite-proof covers (these are available from retailers who specialize in hypoallergenic products).’
- ‘Instead of fussing over the cost of replacing her box spring every few months, he brought in a futon for her to sleep on.’
- ‘Some of the furniture appears to be in good condition: mattresses in plastic covers and clean box springs.’
- ‘For parents who are still concerned, one suggestion is to remove the box spring and frame from the family bed and put the mattress directly on the floor.’
- ‘Cover your mattress and box spring with a dust proof cover.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.