One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a set of vertical springs housed in a frame in a mattress or upholstered chair base.
- ‘Encase your mattress, box springs and pillows in allergy-proof covers.’
- ‘Cover mattresses, pillows, and box springs with mite-proof covers (these are available from retailers who specialize in hypoallergenic products).’
- ‘Instead of fussing over the cost of replacing her box spring every few months, he brought in a futon for her to sleep on.’
- ‘Catherine walked down the basement stairs and jumped onto her bed, which really was a mattress and a box spring.’
- ‘Not inexpensive, a queen-size mattress and box spring costs around $3,000.’
- ‘Purchase hypoallergenic covers for the mattress, box spring, and pillows.’
- ‘Extra blankets can be stored between the mattress and box spring or stuffed into pillow covers and used decoratively.’
- ‘If you or a family member is allergic to dust mites, encase the mattresses, box springs, and pillows in covers that breathe, but are designed to prevent inhaling the mites.’
- ‘Cover your mattress and box spring with a dust proof cover.’
- ‘If your mattress is too soft, a board between the mattress and box spring will make it firmer.’
- ‘Authorities were later seen removing a box spring from the couple's apartment.’
- ‘This morning, it seemed like Christmas, cause out by the dumpster of the apartment complex there was a queen size mattress and box spring in excellent condition.’
- ‘Carrying that box spring down the stairs again?’
- ‘Mattresses and box springs were stacked against the concierge desk and leaning against a jewelry display case as a battalion of maintenance workers carted the beds away.’
- ‘They even offers options not available to box spring or foam mattress owners.’
- ‘She had just found a New Testament hidden between her daughter's mattress and box spring.’
- ‘I feel very good about buying from them since they are a local company who build the mattress and box springs themselves.’
- ‘For parents who are still concerned, one suggestion is to remove the box spring and frame from the family bed and put the mattress directly on the floor.’
- ‘It was a mattress and box spring on a cheap metal frame, a relic of Doug's Harvard days.’
- ‘Some of the furniture appears to be in good condition: mattresses in plastic covers and clean box springs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.