Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cylindrical spanner with a hexagonal end fitting over the head of a nut.
- ‘If it's just the switch then I may have wasted 15 quid on a heating element and box spanner I don't need, but since the other element in the tank blew a few months ago, I'm willing to take the risk.’
- ‘Standard style torque spanners as well as box spanners for applications with high packing densities are available.’
- ‘The 10 mm box spanner is also $19.95 plus shipping and handling.’
- ‘Our double ended tubular box spanner is available in various sizes and lengths.’
- ‘We offer automotive tools, automotive hand tools, press tools, industrial tools, automotive engineering tools, multi stage press tools, pipe wrenches, tubular box spanners, 2 in 1 screw drivers and slip joint pliers.’
- ‘The product range includes open-ended jaw, ring, combination and tubular box spanners, pliers, pipes/wheels/filters wrenches, chisels, vices, hacksaws, bearing pullers, wrecking bars and nail pullers, carpenter tools and punches etc.’
- ‘Having a 52 mm box spanner is a godsend and will make things much easier when reassembling too.’
- ‘The operation is executed mechanically with a square box spanner or directly from the loading ramp through a foot pedal and a hand lever.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.