One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tabulated results of a baseball game or other sporting event, with statistics given for each player's performance.
- ‘You have to go beyond the box score to evaluate a player.’
- ‘I only wish she'd had the space to include the box score from each game.’
- ‘The league keeps track of points scored on fast breaks in its official box score, which we see after games.’
- ‘I am not one of those people who complains that baseball is too slow, but even I couldn't help noticing a box score you recently published of a game between the Indians and White Sox in 1947.’
- ‘Thank you for explaining to me how to keep score and read a box score.’
- ‘And, his skill on the base paths, while not always recorded in the box score, helped the Dodgers win games.’
- ‘In a recent issue, you printed a box score of a game between the Yankees and White Sox that was played on May 8, 1938.’
- ‘If possible, could you please print a box score of that game, with its length and attendance?’
- ‘Could you please tell me if they did, and print a copy of the box score of the game when it first happened?’
- ‘But it's baseball where the box score seems most dramatic.’
- ‘The accompanying box score provides you with details of that game, won by the Giants, 6-3, before a crowd of 23, 757 at Ebbbets Field.’
- ‘Is it possible for you to give us a box score of the game?’
- ‘I have the box scores of the doubleheader, but could you please print the box score of that last game in Baker Bowl?’
- ‘If this is true, could you provide details and a box score of that game?’
- ‘The box score does not tell you who the player was guarding or when he got his numbers.’
- ‘Can you identify the day that game took place and also print the box score?’
- ‘I would appreciate it greatly if you reprinted the box score of that game, played on September 8 or 9.’
- ‘We woke up yesterday morning and we already had a new box score from the Clippers / Sonics game in Japan.’
- ‘I would like to see a box score from the last game of the 1957 season when the Phillies and Brooklyn Dodgers met at Connie Mack Stadium.’
- ‘When you click on the game you can review everything from the box score to the player of the game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.