One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tabulated results of a baseball game or other sporting event, with statistics given for each player's performance.
- ‘Is it possible for you to give us a box score of the game?’
- ‘I would appreciate it greatly if you reprinted the box score of that game, played on September 8 or 9.’
- ‘If this is true, could you provide details and a box score of that game?’
- ‘You have to go beyond the box score to evaluate a player.’
- ‘And, his skill on the base paths, while not always recorded in the box score, helped the Dodgers win games.’
- ‘Can you identify the day that game took place and also print the box score?’
- ‘But it's baseball where the box score seems most dramatic.’
- ‘I have the box scores of the doubleheader, but could you please print the box score of that last game in Baker Bowl?’
- ‘I am not one of those people who complains that baseball is too slow, but even I couldn't help noticing a box score you recently published of a game between the Indians and White Sox in 1947.’
- ‘The box score does not tell you who the player was guarding or when he got his numbers.’
- ‘I only wish she'd had the space to include the box score from each game.’
- ‘The league keeps track of points scored on fast breaks in its official box score, which we see after games.’
- ‘I would like to see a box score from the last game of the 1957 season when the Phillies and Brooklyn Dodgers met at Connie Mack Stadium.’
- ‘When you click on the game you can review everything from the box score to the player of the game.’
- ‘The accompanying box score provides you with details of that game, won by the Giants, 6-3, before a crowd of 23, 757 at Ebbbets Field.’
- ‘If possible, could you please print a box score of that game, with its length and attendance?’
- ‘Could you please tell me if they did, and print a copy of the box score of the game when it first happened?’
- ‘Thank you for explaining to me how to keep score and read a box score.’
- ‘In a recent issue, you printed a box score of a game between the Yankees and White Sox that was played on May 8, 1938.’
- ‘We woke up yesterday morning and we already had a new box score from the Clippers / Sonics game in Japan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.