One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple way of representing statistical data on a plot in which a rectangle is drawn to represent the second and third quartiles, usually with a vertical line inside to indicate the median value. The lower and upper quartiles are shown as horizontal lines either side of the rectangle.
- ‘Average support values are indicated by squares within the box plot.’
- ‘Each box plot presents measurements from at least 90 nuclei.’
- ‘The resulting two-dimensional representation is shown in the scatter plot as well as the box plot corresponding to the data distribution along the x axis.’
- ‘The central rectangle in the box plot covers the second and third quartiles of the results - effectively the middle 50% of results.’
- ‘The box plot with error bars indicates the median and the 10th, 25th, 75th, and 90th percentiles for each of the treatment groups’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.