One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple way of representing statistical data on a plot in which a rectangle is drawn to represent the second and third quartiles, usually with a vertical line inside to indicate the median value. The lower and upper quartiles are shown as horizontal lines either side of the rectangle.
- ‘The resulting two-dimensional representation is shown in the scatter plot as well as the box plot corresponding to the data distribution along the x axis.’
- ‘Each box plot presents measurements from at least 90 nuclei.’
- ‘The box plot with error bars indicates the median and the 10th, 25th, 75th, and 90th percentiles for each of the treatment groups’
- ‘The central rectangle in the box plot covers the second and third quartiles of the results - effectively the middle 50% of results.’
- ‘Average support values are indicated by squares within the box plot.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.