One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pleat consisting of two parallel creases facing opposite directions and forming a raised band.
- ‘This 75% polynosic / 25% polyester sanded check weave short sleeve shirt has a full button placket, shell buttons, pocket, side slits, and full back yoke with box pleat, locket loop, and button.’
- ‘Every outdoor person recognizes the special need for freedom of motion, so these shirts offer an expansion back with a box pleat that permits motion while the shirt remains tucked in.’
- ‘She had opted for a suit but decided against it and came to work semi-casual in a box pleat, knee length skirt, black singlet and ruby flats.’
- ‘You would try to iron your gym slip but the box pleats would be beyond you, so you'd iron it straight and it would hang off your shoulders like a navy balloon.’
- ‘The centre pleat on each side is a deep inverted box pleat which opens out when something largish is carried inside the bag.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.