One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At lunchtime at St Peter's Primary School in East Bridgeford, Nottinghamshire, the children pile chopped tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce on their plates from the huge bowlfuls laid out every lunchtime.’
- ‘The chef does wonders with mussels - a pretty blue bowlful of more than a dozen as an appetizer, their plump insides bursting with seawater, their pool of cream sauce swimming with whole cloves of roasted garlic.’
- ‘Additionally, I ruined it by spending the entirety of my meal making promises to myself of a tomorrow full of extra situps and a bowlful of lettuce for lunch.’
- ‘The light-brown bean and garlic dip tasted better than it looked… and we were soon asking for some more chips to finish off the bowlfuls.’
- ‘The other is a ruthless, self-serving dealmaker, a fat cat determined to have bowlfuls of cream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.