One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The chef does wonders with mussels - a pretty blue bowlful of more than a dozen as an appetizer, their plump insides bursting with seawater, their pool of cream sauce swimming with whole cloves of roasted garlic.’
- ‘The other is a ruthless, self-serving dealmaker, a fat cat determined to have bowlfuls of cream.’
- ‘At lunchtime at St Peter's Primary School in East Bridgeford, Nottinghamshire, the children pile chopped tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce on their plates from the huge bowlfuls laid out every lunchtime.’
- ‘Additionally, I ruined it by spending the entirety of my meal making promises to myself of a tomorrow full of extra situps and a bowlful of lettuce for lunch.’
- ‘The light-brown bean and garlic dip tasted better than it looked… and we were soon asking for some more chips to finish off the bowlfuls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.