Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nounmass nounNorth American
The practice of hunting animals with a bow rather than a gun.
- ‘Finally, we've cited studies that show bowhunting continues to grow, and hunters are willing to spend a lot of money to enjoy this accessory-heavy sport.’
- ‘'Bowfishing is an inexpensive way to get into bowhunting and get kids excited about the sport,’ Anderson said.’
- ‘Bowhunting is for everyone, even disabled shooters.’
- ‘Ask your gun customers if they bowhunt or would consider bowhunting.’
- ‘Dealers who have turkey hunters getting into bowhunting should consider showing them blinds they sell to other hunters.’
- ‘Theres no better place to stay abreast of the latest innovations in bowhunting than the annual Archery Trade Association Show.’
- ‘These allies will help to distribute issue alerts, urge sportsmen to contact lawmakers regarding hunting-related legislation and dilute the burden of legal fees in defense of bowhunting.’
- ‘There's an increasingly-popular trend in bowhunting for turkeys.’
- ‘The ranch is outfitted strictly for year-round bowhunting and can accommodate up to 12 hunters.’
- ‘‘Between 30 and 40 percent of my customers do both gun and bowhunting,’ Willis said.’
- ‘One aspect of the sport that is gaining popularity is bowhunting for turkeys.’
- ‘As retailers who have successfully integrated archery into their shops have learned, selling bowhunting takes commitment.’
- ‘'That may bring about another sale on a crossover product or even swing a gun hunter into trying out bowhunting,’ Poet said.’
- ‘Kinsey's has a program designed for gun dealers who want to expand into archery / bowhunting.’
- ‘One of the major objections some gun dealers have to adding bowhunting to their shops is the technical knowledge required to work on their customers' bows.’
- ‘It's so much easier to prepare for dove hunting, which kicks off Wednesday, than for bowhunting.’
- ‘Their raves about bowhunting were not about taking game, but rather, about getting close in order to take it.’
- ‘‘Binoculars are absolutely invaluable for bowhunting as well as gun hunting,’ Topping said.’
- ‘One aspect of bowhunting not present in 3 - D archery, added Stirling, is the stealth and scent suppression required to track wily live game.’
- ‘The site also provides direct links to state game and fish departments, as well as to national, state and regional bowhunting and archery organizations.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.