Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The practice of hunting animals with a bow rather than a gun.
- ‘‘Binoculars are absolutely invaluable for bowhunting as well as gun hunting,’ Topping said.’
- ‘One of the major objections some gun dealers have to adding bowhunting to their shops is the technical knowledge required to work on their customers' bows.’
- ‘The ranch is outfitted strictly for year-round bowhunting and can accommodate up to 12 hunters.’
- ‘The site also provides direct links to state game and fish departments, as well as to national, state and regional bowhunting and archery organizations.’
- ‘One aspect of bowhunting not present in 3 - D archery, added Stirling, is the stealth and scent suppression required to track wily live game.’
- ‘Theres no better place to stay abreast of the latest innovations in bowhunting than the annual Archery Trade Association Show.’
- ‘These allies will help to distribute issue alerts, urge sportsmen to contact lawmakers regarding hunting-related legislation and dilute the burden of legal fees in defense of bowhunting.’
- ‘It's so much easier to prepare for dove hunting, which kicks off Wednesday, than for bowhunting.’
- ‘Kinsey's has a program designed for gun dealers who want to expand into archery / bowhunting.’
- ‘Finally, we've cited studies that show bowhunting continues to grow, and hunters are willing to spend a lot of money to enjoy this accessory-heavy sport.’
- ‘Their raves about bowhunting were not about taking game, but rather, about getting close in order to take it.’
- ‘'That may bring about another sale on a crossover product or even swing a gun hunter into trying out bowhunting,’ Poet said.’
- ‘Dealers who have turkey hunters getting into bowhunting should consider showing them blinds they sell to other hunters.’
- ‘One aspect of the sport that is gaining popularity is bowhunting for turkeys.’
- ‘'Bowfishing is an inexpensive way to get into bowhunting and get kids excited about the sport,’ Anderson said.’
- ‘There's an increasingly-popular trend in bowhunting for turkeys.’
- ‘‘Between 30 and 40 percent of my customers do both gun and bowhunting,’ Willis said.’
- ‘Ask your gun customers if they bowhunt or would consider bowhunting.’
- ‘As retailers who have successfully integrated archery into their shops have learned, selling bowhunting takes commitment.’
- ‘Bowhunting is for everyone, even disabled shooters.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.