Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1An act of defecation.
- ‘Although changes in frequency of bowel movements and looseness of stools can vary independently of each other, changes usually occur in both.’
- ‘Many people think that normal means having one bowel movement every day, but that's not always true.’
- ‘There are, however, several signs that a bowel movement is abnormal and should be discussed with a physician.’
- ‘This page tells you about the bowel and how factors such as diet and medication can affect your bowel movements.’
- ‘Straining during a bowel movement increases pressure on the veins around the anus and can lead to hemorrhoids.’
- 1.1The faeces discharged in an act of defecation.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.