One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An act of defecation.
- ‘Many people think that normal means having one bowel movement every day, but that's not always true.’
- ‘Straining during a bowel movement increases pressure on the veins around the anus and can lead to hemorrhoids.’
- ‘Although changes in frequency of bowel movements and looseness of stools can vary independently of each other, changes usually occur in both.’
- ‘There are, however, several signs that a bowel movement is abnormal and should be discussed with a physician.’
- ‘This page tells you about the bowel and how factors such as diet and medication can affect your bowel movements.’
- 1.1 The faeces discharged in an act of defecation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.