One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘The music is a bowdlerisation of Handel's coronation anthem, Zadok the Priest,’ she says, which we presume is a bad thing.’
- ‘As the example shows, bowdlerization is not only dishonest, it leads to dumbing down of language and ideas.’
- ‘The only justification which can be advanced for such bowdlerisation is undeniable necessity, and this leads on to the third and last aspect of Harker's critique.’
- ‘But the Hollywood treatment reflected the bowdlerization of the era.’
- ‘But none of this comes close to making up for what is a standard made-for-television biography eviscerated by massive, inexcusable bowdlerization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.