One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the Hollywood treatment reflected the bowdlerization of the era.’
- ‘‘The music is a bowdlerisation of Handel's coronation anthem, Zadok the Priest,’ she says, which we presume is a bad thing.’
- ‘But none of this comes close to making up for what is a standard made-for-television biography eviscerated by massive, inexcusable bowdlerization.’
- ‘The only justification which can be advanced for such bowdlerisation is undeniable necessity, and this leads on to the third and last aspect of Harker's critique.’
- ‘As the example shows, bowdlerization is not only dishonest, it leads to dumbing down of language and ideas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.