One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This classic example of politically correct bowdlerism is not the end of the world, to be sure.’
- ‘So long as I am a school director I will raise my voice against bowdlerism, and censorship of any kind.’
- ‘Tales abound of Bacchanalian excess and Lost Weekends, and when the Lord's party convened at the clubhouse last month, they revelled in reminiscing without bowdlerism.’
- ‘This edition restores Hardy's original punctuation and removes the bowdlerisms forced upon the text on its initial publication.’
- ‘The maimed typefaces produced by this kind of drive-by bowdlerism are boring and never as useful as the ones they began as.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.