One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This classic example of politically correct bowdlerism is not the end of the world, to be sure.’
- ‘So long as I am a school director I will raise my voice against bowdlerism, and censorship of any kind.’
- ‘The maimed typefaces produced by this kind of drive-by bowdlerism are boring and never as useful as the ones they began as.’
- ‘This edition restores Hardy's original punctuation and removes the bowdlerisms forced upon the text on its initial publication.’
- ‘Tales abound of Bacchanalian excess and Lost Weekends, and when the Lord's party convened at the clubhouse last month, they revelled in reminiscing without bowdlerism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.