One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘The very shallow pitched roof and the balcony are wonderfully elegant, as is the shallow bow front to the southern elevation.’
- ‘The bowfront and serpentine-fronted pieces were made by a rather ingenious method, which was easier for the craftsman and resulted in pieces that have never lost their shape over the years.’
- ‘The cabinet's bow front echoes the curve of the sink.’
- ‘As far as bow front aquariums go, it is relatively inexpensive.’
- ‘Beyond rose the ramparts of a medieval fort onto which had been tucked an eighteenth century classical bow front; above, a series of balconies were surmounted by a ripple of Mughal chattris and copulas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.