One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘As far as bow front aquariums go, it is relatively inexpensive.’
- ‘Beyond rose the ramparts of a medieval fort onto which had been tucked an eighteenth century classical bow front; above, a series of balconies were surmounted by a ripple of Mughal chattris and copulas.’
- ‘The bowfront and serpentine-fronted pieces were made by a rather ingenious method, which was easier for the craftsman and resulted in pieces that have never lost their shape over the years.’
- ‘The cabinet's bow front echoes the curve of the sink.’
- ‘The very shallow pitched roof and the balcony are wonderfully elegant, as is the shallow bow front to the southern elevation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.