One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, powerful dog of a rough-coated breed originating in Belgium.
- ‘Her mother, Bettine, was a housewife who bred bouvier dogs.’
- ‘Of the 148 breeds registered the bouvier is the 77th most popular dog in the United States.’
- ‘These are umbrella terms for the organisations which exist to rehome unwanted Bouviers des Flandres.’
- ‘For more information about Bouviers, or to send comments about my web page, please drop me some email’
- ‘This article, written many years ago, has become a notorious classic in Bouvier circles.’
French, literally ‘cowherd’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.