Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A stylish small hotel, typically one situated in a fashionable urban location.
- ‘Unlike star-ranked hotels, the boutique hotel can provide bachelor services 24 hours a day and guests can be greeted by their names.’
- ‘The best way to describe it is as a budget boutique hotel - groovy green rooms, a little terrace to sit and have your breakfast in, or unwind with a beer after dark, lovely staff and a friendly atmosphere.’
- ‘Amalfi Hotel Chicago is the newest boutique hotel to grace Chicago's trendy River North.’
- ‘It opened last September as a stylish boutique hotel of twenty bedrooms, all named after Swansea ships.’
- ‘Meanwhile, owners of the Greenleaf Building are marketing the 1920s era building for sale to owners who want to use it for offices or conversion into a boutique hotel or loft apartments.’
- ‘The decor is tastefully minimal, largely reliant on dark woods and subdued upholstery, though it avoids lapsing into the prevailing cliches of the self-conscious boutique hotel with some appealing idiosyncratic touches.’
- ‘What you have is a boutique hotel inside a very large hotel.’
- ‘For something more intimate - a cross between a boutique hotel and a quirky inn - try the Old Donkey Cart, also known as Half Moon Blue.’
- ‘Still to be built is a conference facility for 500 delegates, a luxury boutique hotel and hostel accommodation for 120 learners.’
- ‘It's just another little venture for this enthusiastic and friendly couple, who have taken 18 months to transform their stunning farmhouse into a five-star boutique hotel.’
- ‘Standing in the penthouse suite of the Sanderson Hotel, a Starck-designed boutique hotel in the heart of London, the designer is apologising profusely at being an hour late for the interview.’
- ‘Six hours later, I was lying in a hotel bed in a London boutique hotel, my home away from home.’
- ‘The boutique hotel is situated on the Wharf at Wooloomooloo, in the heart of a luxury marina, entertainment and apartment complex.’
- ‘A major new player in the world of corporate art is the boutique hotel - high-end, luxury accommodations that cater to their clientele's every whim, including the desire for beautiful surroundings.’
- ‘The group is also opening a new hotel next month simply called the Trafalgar Hotel, a boutique hotel with 100 rooms without any major Hilton branding.’
- ‘While this is a boutique hotel, Chi described the restaurant as ‘a neighborhood place’ and spoke of bringing the park and seasons into the dining space, for example, with snowy branches in the winter.’
- ‘It's the newest casino in town, with 440 rooms, 2,000 staff - by Vegas standards it's considered a boutique hotel - up-market, retro, hip and young.’
- ‘Two years ago, it was sensitively converted into a stylish boutique hotel, with a two-storey wing of galleries, making it an ideal point of departure for an architectural pilgrimage.’
- ‘She was in a conference room at the Pier 5 Hotel, a boutique hotel in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.’
- ‘The definition of a boutique hotel is up for debate, with some saying it means under 150 rooms, while still others talking about décor, location and ‘feel’ of the hotel.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.