One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stylish small hotel, typically one situated in a fashionable urban location.
- ‘She was in a conference room at the Pier 5 Hotel, a boutique hotel in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.’
- ‘Standing in the penthouse suite of the Sanderson Hotel, a Starck-designed boutique hotel in the heart of London, the designer is apologising profusely at being an hour late for the interview.’
- ‘Six hours later, I was lying in a hotel bed in a London boutique hotel, my home away from home.’
- ‘It opened last September as a stylish boutique hotel of twenty bedrooms, all named after Swansea ships.’
- ‘Unlike star-ranked hotels, the boutique hotel can provide bachelor services 24 hours a day and guests can be greeted by their names.’
- ‘It's the newest casino in town, with 440 rooms, 2,000 staff - by Vegas standards it's considered a boutique hotel - up-market, retro, hip and young.’
- ‘The best way to describe it is as a budget boutique hotel - groovy green rooms, a little terrace to sit and have your breakfast in, or unwind with a beer after dark, lovely staff and a friendly atmosphere.’
- ‘Meanwhile, owners of the Greenleaf Building are marketing the 1920s era building for sale to owners who want to use it for offices or conversion into a boutique hotel or loft apartments.’
- ‘Two years ago, it was sensitively converted into a stylish boutique hotel, with a two-storey wing of galleries, making it an ideal point of departure for an architectural pilgrimage.’
- ‘It's just another little venture for this enthusiastic and friendly couple, who have taken 18 months to transform their stunning farmhouse into a five-star boutique hotel.’
- ‘Still to be built is a conference facility for 500 delegates, a luxury boutique hotel and hostel accommodation for 120 learners.’
- ‘Amalfi Hotel Chicago is the newest boutique hotel to grace Chicago's trendy River North.’
- ‘A major new player in the world of corporate art is the boutique hotel - high-end, luxury accommodations that cater to their clientele's every whim, including the desire for beautiful surroundings.’
- ‘The group is also opening a new hotel next month simply called the Trafalgar Hotel, a boutique hotel with 100 rooms without any major Hilton branding.’
- ‘The decor is tastefully minimal, largely reliant on dark woods and subdued upholstery, though it avoids lapsing into the prevailing cliches of the self-conscious boutique hotel with some appealing idiosyncratic touches.’
- ‘While this is a boutique hotel, Chi described the restaurant as ‘a neighborhood place’ and spoke of bringing the park and seasons into the dining space, for example, with snowy branches in the winter.’
- ‘The boutique hotel is situated on the Wharf at Wooloomooloo, in the heart of a luxury marina, entertainment and apartment complex.’
- ‘The definition of a boutique hotel is up for debate, with some saying it means under 150 rooms, while still others talking about décor, location and ‘feel’ of the hotel.’
- ‘What you have is a boutique hotel inside a very large hotel.’
- ‘For something more intimate - a cross between a boutique hotel and a quirky inn - try the Old Donkey Cart, also known as Half Moon Blue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.