Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘But if you have a mind to see the table that he set before them, there too you will see great bounteousness, but the bounteousness came not from excess of wealth, but of the riches of a ready will.’
- ‘Swiftly they build up a relationship of complete trust and love, a fantasy world such as children fashion--full of secrets, promises, and bounteousness to come.’
- ‘You can revel in the bounteousness of nature from the attached balconies of your room in Sun Island Resort.’
- ‘Deliver us all from filmmaking as lumbering and blinkered as this, a purported homage to female wisdom and bounteousness that is instead stodgy and convictionless.’
- ‘Acknowledge the bounteousness of nature, the awe of water falling down out of the sky.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.