Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Unlimited or immense.‘enthusiasts who devote boundless energy to their hobby’
limitless, without limit, unlimited, illimitable, unbounded, untold, bottomless, immeasurable, measureless, incalculable, inestimable, abundant, abounding, great, inexhaustible, no end ofendless, unending, never-ending, without end, infinite, undying, interminable, unfailing, unfading, unceasing, ceaseless, everlastingView synonyms
- ‘His passion for classical music, coupled with boundless energy, has made him one of the most prolific composers of the age.’
- ‘This is represented by the smooth point - the infinite singularity within the boundless circle.’
- ‘Reluctant at first to take on the job, Micko returned with boundless enthusiasm to tackle a fresh challenge.’
- ‘Other speakers referred to his boundless energy and his capacity grasp any issue within a very short time.’
- ‘Every week, he would arrive on stage, bursting with boundless energy.’
- ‘Endless prosperity and boundless new highs in the stock market were ours to enjoy forever.’
- ‘She amazed everybody with her genuine interest, indepth knowledge and boundless energy.’
- ‘We will multiply and prosper such that our empire is infinite and our ingenuity boundless.’
- ‘Their talking is boundless, already happening, and is not likely to stop.’
- ‘The creation of the new government was greeted with immense goodwill and boundless hopes, but the honeymoon was not to last.’
- ‘With boundless energy and endless enthusiasm, it's hardly surprising that he makes a natural volunteer.’
- ‘More importantly, however, it sounds like a fantastic debut album by a boundless and frighteningly talented band.’
- ‘That is astonishing scoring yet his intimidation factor has become as immense as his seemingly boundless talent.’
- ‘Dutch jazz has a light heart and a joyful swing, and this quartet brings boundless energy and excitement to its live gigs.’
- ‘He has a boundless voice; there are no real limits to his range as a tenor and he is a joy to listen to.’
- ‘The third kind of knife was the immense and boundless rage directed against him.’
- ‘Apart from an unbelievable work ethic and boundless energy, Costello was also very much a family man.’
- ‘As I watched this film, an eager victim of its boundless will to astound, I found my loyal memories of the book beginning to fade.’
- ‘Not merely a gargantuan egotist with boundless artistic ambition, he was a prankster on a grand scale.’
- ‘With these two, we each are reminded that we truly are a limitless, boundless, being.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.