One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition that is required to be satisfied at all or part of the boundary of a region in which a set of differential conditions is to be solved.
- ‘Generation differences may provide a boundary condition for certain organizational theories, particularly those involving employees' social contracts.’
- ‘In this work, the authors solved the spherical diffusion equation with a special boundary condition that models the presence of a single domain on a sphere.’
- ‘Although the thermal boundary condition in this case is different, temperatures at least as high would be expected.’
- ‘The fact that we did not incorporate the boundary condition in equations 6 and 8 implies that our log-likelihood values are only approximate.’
- ‘Observations from practice formed the basis for a laboratory simulation where we hypothesized that a social dilemma is a boundary condition for the normally positive effect of a specific difficult goal on a group's performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.