Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page.‘a rising bounce rate is a sure sign that your homepage is boring or off-putting’
- ‘After all, we've all been told that high bounce rates affect your ranking and all.’
- ‘That blog could be incredibly successful, but by its nature, the bounce rate would be high.’
- ‘So bounce rate for me is a bit of a headache, but over time with more domain authority and trust, I am sure this will become much less of a problem.’
- ‘Pay careful attention to your site's "bounce rate" - the percentage of visitors who leave your site without clicking even one page deeper into it.’
- ‘Of course, as Todd Friessen pointed out later, high bounce rates will kill you in other ways.’
- ‘Given the site's bounce rate, which shows that nearly a third of all visitors leave after only one page view, Carr expected an average number of page views of six or fewer.’
- ‘I was just speaking with a client and explained that they get 9% higher conversion from Bing and a 11% lower bounce rate.’
- ‘So I agree with Dr. Pete, bounce rate is not a great indicator of content on a site - for example, there is no one in my particular field (niche) who has any where near the relevent and original content that I deliver weekly.’
- ‘That's why we need other metrics like bounce rate, conversion rate, e-commerce revenue etc. to make a visit worthy of consideration.’
- ‘The Campaign Monitor system provides a great deal of reporting, including bounce rates, unsubscribe tracking, links clicked and number of HTML emails opened (for mail clients without images blocked).’
- ‘The 75 visitors to this page averaged 03:36 mins with a 77% bounce rate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.