One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Share an idea with (someone) in order to refine it.‘he thrives on bouncing ideas off other people’
- ‘This guy also gave me his card and told me to call him if I wanted to bounce an idea off him.’
- ‘You have to be so close, bouncing ideas off each other.’
- ‘There will be people to bounce ideas off of, and ideas from others that can be applied to your business as well.’
- ‘If you have questions or just want to bounce an idea off us, please give us a call.’
- ‘If someone needs to bounce an idea off of someone, another person is able offer honest insight and feedback.’
- ‘And when you get back to your workplace, bounce your ideas off of your colleagues.’
- ‘Once you step back and ask these questions, it's wise to have a sounding board to bounce ideas off of.’
- ‘Have you never bounced an idea off a friend to help you refine it?’
- ‘Mentees need someone to bounce ideas off of, to talk about life, to shoot the breeze.’
- ‘It's for people who need that extra ear, are going it alone, or simply need to bounce an idea off a smart group of people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.