Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A beaked whale of variable colour, with a bulbous forehead.
- ‘I realized that the bottlenose whale in the Tropics was not the southern bottlenose whale.’
- ‘Results of an autopsy on the bottlenose whale, which didn't survive a last-ditch rescue operation, were released today.’
- ‘The link was forged - our tropical bottlenose whale was indeed Longman's long-lost whale!’
- ‘So the ultimate would be to put this on a sperm whale or a bottlenose whale or something like that.’
- ‘The young northern bottlenose whale died aboard a rescue barge that was taking her back to sea.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.