Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pink and grey river dolphin found in the Amazon and Orinoco River systems.Also called Amazon dolphin
- ‘Bacher also spoke of local legends about the pink dolphins that raced along with the boat, botos as the natives called them.’
- ‘Another boto rose nearby - possibly the same dolphin, possibly a companion.’
- ‘They say the boto can turn into a person, that it shows up at fiestas to seduce men and women.’
- ‘But this feature also makes the botos far more difficult to spot.’
- ‘The Amazon and the boto grew up together, at the beginning of the world.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.