One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pink and grey river dolphin found in the Amazon and Orinoco River systems.
Inia geoffrensis, family PlatanistidaeAlso called Amazon dolphin
- ‘Another boto rose nearby - possibly the same dolphin, possibly a companion.’
- ‘They say the boto can turn into a person, that it shows up at fiestas to seduce men and women.’
- ‘The Amazon and the boto grew up together, at the beginning of the world.’
- ‘Bacher also spoke of local legends about the pink dolphins that raced along with the boat, botos as the natives called them.’
- ‘But this feature also makes the botos far more difficult to spot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.